Parent’s devastating decision – forced to pull the plug on 13-year-old daughter after sleepover horror

Following a terrifying sleepover, devastated parents were compelled to terminate their 13-year-old daughter. Now, in an effort to save others from the same catastrophe, they have issued a warning.
Esra Haynes was only 13 years old when she passed away, and her terrible demise had an odd cause.

This young girl, who co-captained the Montrose Football Netball Club and was described as “determined, fun, cheeky and talented,” became involved in the viral trend of “chroming” (…a-tiny-stray-dog/), which is inhaling toxic chemicals through the mouth or nose in order to get high.

In addition to racing BMX bikes with her brothers and inspiring her team to win a national aerobics championship in Queensland, Esra was an athlete and led a healthy lifestyle. But on March 31, while having a stay at a friend’s house, she made a poor choice that cost her everything.

Esra suffered irreversible brain damage when she breathed a hazardous dose of aerosol deodorant, going into cardiac arrest, in an attempt to join the viral trend.

Her parents were inconsolable. In an effort to stop future impressionable youth from experiencing anything similar, they discussed the heartache and deadly effects of breathing in hazardous chemicals when they appeared on A Current Affair with anchor Ally Langdon.

In the interview, her mother Andrea said to Langdon, “It was just the regular routine of going to hang out with her mates.” “We always knew where she was and we knew who she was with,” her father Paul continued.

It wasn’t an unusual occurrence.We regretfully received the call, which said, “Come and get your daughter,” at that time of night. It was one of the calls that no parent ever likes to receive.

At first, Esra’s friends were unaware of the severity of her situation. They were blind to the fact that their pals were dying in front of them and simply believed she was experiencing a panic attack. However, Langdon clarified, “she was in cardiac arrest and her body was actually starting to shut down after inhaling deodorant; no one at the sleepover used cardiac arrest.”

The paramedics were trying to resuscitate Esra when Andrea’s mother arrived at the scene. They informed her that her daughter had been chroming, a term that the terrified mother had never heard before.

After being taken to the hospital and put on life support, Esra’s parents learned, within eight hours, that there was irreversible damage to her brain and that they would have to decide whether to remove life support.

Andrea and Paul phoned friends and family to say their last goodbyes, knowing there was nothing they could do. It was an extremely challenging thing to do to a young person like that. We lay with her when she was placed on a bed. We gave her love to the last end.

Since their sister’s passing, Esra’s siblings, Imogen, Seth, and Charlie, have been devastated.

Paul remarked, “It was really devastating—devastating for all of us involved, including her friends.” It’s been the most trying and painful period of time that any parent could experience. We aren’t the same people we used to be since we haven’t been eating, sleeping, or smiling.But the community has also been impacted, not just us.

After Esra passed away, Andrea and Paul are making every effort to halt the bizarre viral craze that killed their daughter.

Paul told 7 News that he wished he had known about chroming when Esra was still alive in order to warn her of the risks: “We would have definitely had the conversation around our kitchen table if we had been educated and the word had been put out there.”

“We need to step it up and give these kids the information directly, without the help of friends or social media, so they can receive the best advice right away.”
There are other victims of chroming than Esra. Many young individuals have died as a result of its effects throughout the years, as it can easily cause seizures, heart attacks, suffocation, abrupt breathing death, comas, and organ failure.

Paul said to Langdon, “You know, we have images in our minds of what we were faced with that will never be removed.” “Our stomach was torn out.”

We wish that no parent ever has to go through such pain. We are deeply sorry for the loss experienced by this family.

Kindly TAG your loved ones and friends in this story on Facebook.

Rate article